Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with Big Data skills who will create a data processing pipeline that will consume data from a number of sources that is expected to grow over time, and clean, transform, and enrich and deposit it into Elasticsearch and MySQL repositories. As a Software Engineer, you must be able to also analyze the performance of these repositories and implement optimizations to improve data insertion and retrieval performance. Additionally, you will need to extract metadata from and optimize performance for federated searches, all while staying in conformance with the data model designed by the project’s architect.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Collecting massive sets of structured and unstructured data from contrasting and disparate data sources
• Understanding the content and format of the various data sources
• Verifying relevant data sources for the customer’s business needs
• Interpreting data to discover solutions
• Validating data to ensure completeness, uniformity, and accuracy
• Coordination with other data engineers on the team to ensure data is being ingested properly
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary Range: Up to $215,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience with MySQL or equivalent RDBMS
• Ability to monitor pipeline performance and apply optimizations, where and when necessary
• Experience with the following programming languages:
o Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Great time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Understanding of the Agile framework and working within Scrum
Familiarity with financial terms and business processes
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $2,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -T2680