Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
This role is responsible for protecting the information systems and networks from potential customer’s computers and networking systems from potential hackers and cyber-attacks. The Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology using Firewalls, VPNs, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
Candidates will work directly with Team leads, developers and operations throughout a DevSecOps life cycle both on policy and technical implementation of technologies.
• Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protections of the information systems and networks.
• Design, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, anti-virus, cryptography systems, SIEM, Anti-SPAM, and MDM.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SIEM, VPN, SSL, application control, Antivirus, and other network component policies.
• Investigate and respond to cyber security incidents (system and/or network breaches, malware attacks) and implement forensic investigations.
• Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
• Ensure the clients data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
• Participate in the change management process
• Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities
• Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant stakeholders.
• Manage and review security logs, audit data and taking required actions
• Ensure network security best practices are implemented through auditing: router, switch, firewall configurations, change control, and monitoring.
• Provide periodic vulnerability testing, and lead remediation projects
• Coordinate, and monitor log analysis for our managed services offerings, to ensure customer policy and security requirements are met.
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks in a consultative role
• Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
• Maintain firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS/BA Degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security),
Certifications: CISSP, CCNA, OWSE, Windows, CISCO, Juniper, RHEL, CERT, ECC CEH, GCIH, GISF, SCNP SCNA
• Active Top Secret Clearance with polygraph
• Experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics
• Experience with Application Firewalls, SIEM, end-point security (IDS/IPS)
• Knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, LAN/WAN concepts
• Strong attention to detail with analytical mind outstanding problem-solving skills
• Awareness of Cybersecurity Trends and hacking Techniques.
• Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, HBSS, IDS/IPS, VPN,
• Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell)
• Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with Agile Software Development
• AWS Certification
• Experience maintain virtual private networks, firewalls, web protocols
• Experience with SAFe Agile Framework
• Knowledge of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, and so on
• Experience with incident responses activities
Position Level: Level 3 – Senior
Salary Range: Up to $170,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $2,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -R147