Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Hours: Core hours 9-3 or as directed by customer. System Engineer supporting a team to champion and implement SysOps and DevOps concepts. Skills needed:
1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience as a Systems Engineer in a mission or enterprise environment to include reviewing and evaluating engineering designs to ensure standards and best practices are being met.
2. Demonstrate on-the-job competencies with the enterprise engineering design and implementation for Storage (i.e. Files, Objects, and Blocks), Platform (e.g. Windows and Linux), Web and Application Services (to include secure remote access to web and SaaS applications with zero endpoint configuration).
3. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with different technology solution for Secure Web and Application Services (e.g. Citrix Secure Browser).
4. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with System Monitoring/Management tools such as Nagios and/or Icinga
5. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering design and implementation experience with SAN and NAS technology along with different protocols for each storage technology.
6. Demonstrate on-the-job experience building Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and using AWS technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Elastic Block Storage, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) or CloudWatach and Autoscaling.
7. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as Amazon Web Services CloudFormation, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
8. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with Linux (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux) and/or Microsoft Windows Server environments and be able to engineer, build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI), as well as support development efforts in tuning/troubleshooting both application and OS level issues.
9. Demonstrate on-the-job experience configuring and securing web and application servers such as Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss EAP, SOLR.
10. Demonstrate on-the-job experience configuring and securing server workloads and protocol communications using SHA-2 PKI, TLSv1.2, Secure LDAP, SSHv3, HTTPS, NFSv4, or IPSec VPNs.
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary Range: Up to $220,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
As a Systems Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to create an engineer design and implementation plan for the Secure Web and Application Services, Virtualization and Cloud Services, and Enterprise Storage and Backup Services. In this role, a typical day will include:
• Work as part of a team to champion and implement SysOps and DevOps concepts with S&DS.
• Responsible for the development and delivery of the modular enterprise engineering design and implementation plan for the Secure Web and Application Services, and
• Provide technical guidance and direction to design the modular operating system baselines to support the modular data and application Tier hosting strategy.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Minimum of 16 years related experience.
• Technical Skills: Storage backup and platform (Linux and Windows) engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting. Secure Web and Application Services solution, cloud services and technologies, working and integrating open source framework/products, deploying various open source packages.
• Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $2,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -E800-190