Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
The primary focus of this position is creating an engineer design and implementation plan for the Secure Web and Application Services, Virtualization and Cloud Services, and Enterprise Storage and Backup Services. The secondary focus of this position is providing SME guidance and technical direction for Platform (i.e. Linux, Windows) Engineering team.
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary Range: Up to $225,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
This position will be responsible for the development and delivery of the modular enterprise engineering design and implementation plan for the Secure Web and Application Services and Storage and Backup solutions that shall support the infrastructure hosting workloads for both premises and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This position will serve as the Platform Engineering SME to provide the technical guidance and direction to design the modular operating system baselines to support the modular data and application Tier hosting strategy. This position will work as part of a team to champion and implement SysOps and DevOps concepts within S&DS.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate outstanding hands-on experience and thorough understanding of Storage, Backup and Platform (i.e. Linux, Windows) engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting. The candidate must demonstrate excellent understanding with Secure Web and Application Services solution to include engineering, designing, configuring, and implementing appropriate technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience with cloud services and technologies. The candidate must demonstrate on-the-job competencies and in-depth experience working and integrating open source framework/products, experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor’s production landscape, mulit-core, multi-threaded, and distributed system.
The selected candidate will be expected to know how to both craft and drive good requirements and specifications documentation. The selected candidate will be expected to quickly self-learn new technologies and be passionate when it comes to making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems. The selected candidate will need to have a diverse IT background, strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at times in a highly autonomous manner, mentoring others as needed.
1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience as a Systems Engineer in a mission or enterprise environment to include reviewing and evaluating engineering designs to ensure standards and best practices are being met.
2. Demonstrate on-the-job competencies with the enterprise engineering design and implementation for Storage (i.e. Files, Objects, and Blocks), Platform (e.g. Windows and Linux), Web and Application Services (to include secure remote access to web and SaaS applications with zero endpoint configuration).
3. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with different technology solution for Secure Web and Application Services (e.g. Citrix Secure Browser).
4. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with System Monitoring/Management tools such as Nagios and/or Icinga
5. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering design and implementation experience with SAN and NAS technology along with different protocols for each storage technology.
6. Demonstrate on-the-job experience building Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and using AWS technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Elastic Block Storage, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) or CloudWatach and Autoscaling.
7. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as Amazon Web Services CloudFormation, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
8. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with Linux (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux) and/or Microsoft Windows Server environments and be able to engineer, build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI), as well as support development efforts in tuning/troubleshooting both application and OS level issues.
9. Demonstrate on-the-job experience configuring and securing web and application servers such as Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss EAP, SOLR.
10. Demonstrate on-the-job experience configuring and securing server workloads and protocol communications using SHA-2 PKI, TLSv1.2, Secure LDAP, SSHv3, HTTPS, NFSv4, or IPSec VPNs.
1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with virtual apps, desktops, and data from any device.
2. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with installing and configuring IDOL and ZooKeeper.
3. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge of information security practices (e.g. cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, OS hardening, etc.)
4. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with Cloud services engineering and familiar with different cloud technologies.
5. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with server hardware from major vendors and related technologies including: CPU Performance, RAID, iLO, bare metal restores, backup methodologies.
6. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with underlying storage for Linus(LVM), storage network technologies and protocols, databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, Kafka, etc.) and/or clustered/pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms (e.g. VMware, Hyper V, etc).
7. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with performance analysis and optimization of distributed (cloud) systems.
8. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with core communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP/S and building application-specific protocols on top of them.
9. Demonstrated great understanding and practices with SecOps and DevOps concepts.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $2,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -E800-205