Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
The Candidate shall provide for the tasks documented in the narrative on the best effort, Level of Effort (LOE) basis with the number of FTEs listed under labor categories. The hours shall be managed at the overall level.
The Customer seeks a Systems Engineer with extensive Splunk engineering experience to assist our talented group of developers and PLMs with developing, maintaining and enhancing our Splunk infrastructure, as well as providing Splunk-related engineering, development and troubleshooting support for Customer’s software systems.
The Candidate shall configure, upgrade, integrate and troubleshoot Splunk components, including Linux and Database Administration.
The Candidate shall develop monitoring dashboards for customer Splunk environments.
The Candidate shall be responsible for day-to-day operations in the Customer’s Splunk environment.
The Candidate shall perform maintenance and administration activities in the Customer’s Splunk environment.
The Candidate shall be responsible for data onboarding and dashboard creation in the Customer’s Splunk environment.
The Candidate shall ensure compliance with Information System Security (ISS) and Network Security requirements.
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary Range: Up to $215,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
Demonstrated experience using Splunk in monitoring and automation workflows.
Demonstrated experience collecting Splunk monitoring requirements.
Demonstrated experience onboarding relevant data using the Splunk CIM.
Demonstrated experience creating relevant Splunk reports or dashboards.
Demonstrated experience with advanced Splunk dashboard building and advanced searching.
Demonstrated experience understanding and explaining complex applications.
Certifications: Expect candidate to obtain Splunk Core Certified Power User Certification within 6 months
Experience with change management processes using BitBucket, GitHub, or Jira to track changes in a complex environment.
Experience building Splunk technology add-ons to quickly onboard custom data.
Extensive regex experience in Splunk.
Experience administering a complex Splunk architecture including load balancers, multi-site configurations, and clustered search heads.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Desired certification: Splunk Administrator
Desired certification: Splunk Enterprise certified architect
Desired certification: Splunk Certified Consultant
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $2,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -PJ1627