Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Chief Infrastructure Engineer provides overall leadership and guidance for the transformation of an advanced scientific/high performance computing (HPC) infrastructure system in a dynamic, ever-expanding digital environment. The individual will be a member of a growing team who work closely together to drive creative solutions for challenging problems in a friendly, supportive environment.
The Chief Infrastructure Engineer acts as the product owner, with responsibility for the overall solution transforming all technical capabilities on the program. They work in close coordination with the Program Manager, Systems Architects and customer to understand the overall business and systems drivers and provide technical leadership in the design, development, integration, and delivery of system capabilities. This position focuses on all aspects of the infrastructure including architecture, engineering, design, installation, configuration management, and security compliance. Position requires an experienced, hands-on technical architect/engineer with a range of experiences including virtualization, datacenter, co-location/Cloud, storage, networking, security, cross-platform experience, and automation and orchestration.
Position Level: All Levels
Salary Range: Up to $215,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
1. The Chief Infrastructure Engineer shall meet the following core qualifications:
2. Bachelors Degree in a technical field related to the position (Computer Science, Information/Systems Engineering, or other technical discipline) or 3 years specialized systems, infrastructure, or enterprise architecture equivalency.
3. Minimum five (5) years experience in systems or infrastructure architecture or engineering (design, development, implementation, management)
4. Minimum five (5) years systems engineering experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Networks and Networking protocols
5. Minimum three (3) years experience leading projects using misattributed research networks and internet technology projects
6. Minimum two (2) years experience in cloud-based IT systems or hybrid cloud delivery models designing, developing in, or transitioning systems and processes to the cloud
1. Masters Degree in a technical field related to the position
2. Experience in HPC systems design, installation, and maintenance including commodity clusters and proprietary supercomputers
3. Experience in HPC workload scheduling and automation
4. Experience designing and developing automation and orchestration services
5. Experience designing, installing, operating, and maintaining virtual environments/services to include OS virtualization, VDI, Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and software defined services
6. Knowledge of applicable customer network security and technology policies and procedures
7. Experience with various scripting languages
8. Experience with engineering and troubleshooting Cisco networking hardware and software
9. Experience with designing, developing, and managing a hyper-converged infrastructure capabilities and technologies such as Nutanix or HP Simplivity
10. Experience in dash boarding, data visualization, and reporting, to include experience with log management, event correlation, and monitoring technologies such as SolarWinds, Splunk, and Prism
11. Certifications in areas related to the position such as:
12. o Technical Cisco Certified Network Professional
13. o Certified AWS Architect, DevOPs, Network professional
14. o Linux Certification (RedHat RHCE 6.x, 7.x)
15. o Certified Nutanix Professional
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -RKSL-01