Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing the architecture that powers the software products that our team develops – this will include the need for proven systems design and scalability experience.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working with large scale, enterprise class networks. They have the desire and ability to work closely with their peers and customers in a fast paced, collaborative environment. They will develop best practices and bring both a focus on operational best practice and proactive innovation to the role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage and enhance our AWS infrastructure. This includes:
Ensuring all scanning, patches and software updates are current
Lead the development setup of AWS Infrastructure (i.e. S3 containers/buckets, setting up instances)
Continue to improve the scalability and availability of the environment enable the organization to scale up and down instances automatically/with ease (due to limited resources or specific organizational needs that surface)
Deliver the ability to quickly deliver new features/services/technology stacks
Build out an elastic search cluster (an example)
Build out a Kubernetes cluster (an example)
Design, build and maintain the abilities to ensure the development team offerings/tools/systems operate a ta Tier 1 availability level (Enterprise level)
Assist development team to build out CI-CD pipeline to ensure seamless deployment of new code
Ensure AWS infrastructure/instances are operated at 99.9% availability
Partner with other development leads on the scalability approach
Participate in design/architecture/code review meetings to ensure that AWS can handle the new code/design/architecture
Ensuring proper fundamentals are instituted and work is properly migrated from on network to another.
Act as the primary POC to lead database and data lake orchestration, build out new workstations and manage any challenges with physical infrastructure hardware and networks for the development team.
Develop user focused tools that include:
Auto-fill, remote value loop, user entry magnification, action-based notification, task deep linking, full audit and authentication, and filtering using commercial best practices.
Position Level: Level 3 – Senior
Salary Range: Up to $185,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
Bachelors degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related discipline
Minimum 10 years of demonstrated progressively responsible experience in leading an engineering team with emphasis in managing all engineering, design, implementation, operations and maintenance and deployment activities
Experience in cybersecurity related to cloud computing services offered by multiple vendors and utilized in hybrid deployment architectures
Experience in evaluation of security-focused tools and services
Experience with enterprise security solutions such as IDS, IPS, PCAP, and/or EDR
Linux experience (use, development, deployment, OS customization)
Vendor engagement experience
Experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
Solid understanding of encryption technologies and principles
Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Restful API development and integration
Development of data driven front and back-end applications
Demonstrated experience developing and deploying automated hardware appliances and infrastructure via orchestration, containerized workloads, PKI Infrastructure, Encryption at rest services
Docker, Kubernetes, general containerization and micro-virtualization
Experience in validating file ingestion pipelines to capture and validate source and material
Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program’s evolution to meet new requirements.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -IIG-20