Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Seeking an Application Architect to work in a dynamic, high-profile office located in McLean, VA. The Application Architect will be responsible for assisting in the development and management of the software architecture within the division and may be required to provide guidance to program-level software architects. This person will also serve as a direct interface to the client during important reviews, briefings, and technical exchange/demos. The communication and collaboration with the customer as well as with other engineering disciplines is required to ensure the application architectures support the client program’s needs. The Application Architect will lead the analysis of issues that directly affect the software architecture and potentially the hardware architecture. The successful candidate will have a systems level approach to resolving complex programs and the ability to convince leadership that the proposed solution is best for the mission (including program cost and schedule as well as the technical solution). The individual will work with client executives in the development of CONOPS for new systems, providing strategic input and planning for applications architecture and design. He/She will assist in the tracking of key roadmaps and deliverables.
Position Level: Level 2 – Expert
Salary Range: Up to $195,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
Minimum of 11 years of software development experience
Prior experience as a software architect
Strong understanding of architecture design principles and governance
Prior experience developing requirements, defining system interfaces, and supporting system level integration
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Experience with software architecture tools and techniques
Experience with a variety of messaging and communication protocols
Ability to create an architectural vision, communicate the vision, and map out a plan to execute towards the vision
Strong written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to decompose, document, and communicate architecture rationale, approach, design and governance
Possess an understanding of Digital Engineering principles including Model Based System Engineering and DevOps/DevSecOps pipelines
Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate the customer, all levels of management and with individual contributors on the program team
Ability to work across disciplines to find balanced approaches to technical issues
Deep technical knowledge of the IT Development stack and DEVOPS Pipeline for key production systems running on the client infrastructure
Expertise in the clients security accreditation process
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or STEM related field.
Prior experience architecting, designing, developing, and testing data management systems
Prior experience porting existing software to new platforms and architectures
Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -RT581