Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Seeking a Principal Systems Engineer with a passion for hands on work to join our team in Herndon, VA.
The Principal Systems Engineer will execute all aspects of the systems engineering discipline, to include software design, build, integration and test, training, deployment and sustainment activities for applications within the portfolio. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering activities such as: developing system test requirements; planning, execution, and analysis in support of system integration and verification.
He/She will work with the client to perform analysis necessary to define and document requirements for software releases; work with the Requirements Manager to ensure up to date requirements traceability matrices are in place; assist in the creation/management of a project schedule based on development and release activities.
The ideal candidate will also develop Interface Control Documents as requested; provide recommendations to minimize risk when introducing new tools or features. He/She will work with the client to capture and document high-level use cases and requirements, define and document ecosystem software capability components. The SE will also support the creation of a high-level enterprise-wide ecosystem as outlined in the clients data strategy. This position works closely with executive staff and Technical Directors throughout multiple organizations and high-performing teams to meet mission needs. The SE will assist these personnel with identification and possible mitigation approaches for issues and opportunities as they arise.
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary Range: Up to $215,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
13+ years of relevant engineering experience with demonstrated knowledge in systems design, build, integration, and test
Conducting system performance analysis and developing technical performance risk mitigation strategies
Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
Capable of generating detailed systems design and configuration management documentation
Exhibit agility in addressing impromptu customer requirement changes, or resolving urgent issues
13 + years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related discipline; or 11 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree in a STEM related discipline
Experience working in cross discipline teams
Networking system design in classified environments and systems accreditation
Experience with python or other scripting languages
Masters degree in Engineering, or related STEM discipline
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -RT582