Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Cyber Detection Analyst to join our team in McLean, Virginia. Responsibilities for this agency-level Cyber Security support contract include, but are not limited to:
Identifying misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks.
Analyzing all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches.
Assisting in coordination during incidents.
Identifying intrusions utilizing various detection and prevention systems and other security event data sources on 24x7x365 basis.
Analyzing intrusion related data to determine root cause and identify follow on activity while coordinating with Incident Handlers, Hunters, and various partners.
Correlating data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs, to include netflow, metadata, and pcap analysis.
Contributing in tuning and filtering of events and information, creating custom views and content using all available tools.
Reviewing assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event.
Contributing to the development of playbooks and procedures for handling each security event detected.
Position Level: All Levels
Salary Range: Up to $215,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent and 2-4+ years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, data management.
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
Network and Host malware detection and prevention.
Network and Host forensic applications.
Web/Email gateway security technologies.
Bachelor of Science Degree.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -IIG-25