Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
The INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the network add to the complexity of these positions.
Positions at this level are responsible for performing moderately complex network designs; performing upgrades to
limited segments of the network, and performing routine network operations and maintenance (O&M).
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
With limited guidance, performs routine to moderately complex network upgrades. Reviews user requests for
upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provides advice and guidance
on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements. Plans upgrades to existing network
configurations, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being upgraded and the
specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance. Incumbents
prepare technical proposals for presentation to the ‘s engineering review boards for upgrading existing
With limited guidance, performs moderately complex O&M activities. Utilize network analysis tools to identify
performance problems in the network. Incumbents follow troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to
optimal performance levels. They assist senior technical staff in preparing troubleshooting procedures for restoring
the network to optimal performance levels.
With limited guidance, performs moderately complex network designs using existing technology. Plans network
configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems
being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal
network performance. Incumbents prepare technical proposals for presentation to the ‘s engineering review boards
to add new technologies to the network.
Position Level: Level 3 – Senior
Salary Range: Up to $170,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Working knowledge of theory and practice underlying satellite and LAN/WAN network operations.
Working knowledge of the CIO’s policies and procedures relating to the design, upgrading, and operating and
maintaining their network.
Working knowledge of their Communications and Information Security policies and practices.
Project planning and management skills, including scope of work, time estimation, and resource assignment.
Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects.
Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create
Good interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner.
Problem Solving identifying problems and reviewing known implement solutions.
Ability to utilize basic network analysis tools to resolve routine network performance problems.
Ability to provide basic explanation of technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
Ability to draft requirements documents, correspondence and procedures in accordance with policies.
Ability to work in a team environment.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -CPOS-205