Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Seeking a Data Scientist / Developer in Herndon, VA for a unique position for a strong applications developer to work on a high-profile suite of services that will supply users with productionized data analytics to assist the wide range of Information management mission activities conducted across the customer organization. The candidate will work with a team of software developers and data scientists to refine the new baseline of analytic tools and build out new tools on a routinized production cadence to meet the evolving needs of customer users. This is an exciting opportunity for developers wanting to broaden their credentials in the realm of high-demand data analytics. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from the Project Manager, IT Division Leadership, Technical Director, and Subject Matter Experts and other business stakeholders. The candidate must have the ability to communicate with project team members, user community, and leadership to assess changes and demonstrate iterative progress.
This position will include a variety of activities, including:
Participation with iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements
Designing, developing and unit testing code for a production system and demonstration capabilities
Developing iterative screen mock ups, use of rapid prototyping to drive out requirements and design
Providing demonstrations and detailed walk through of features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into software development tasks
Working with systems engineers to specify and design the final system
Development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed
Position Level: Level 2 – Expert
Salary Range: Up to $195,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
1. Demonstrated job experience with text analytics and its applications/role/use in business intelligence/business analytics (i.e. search, entity extraction, sentiment analysis, document summarization, document categorization)
2. Demonstrated job experience to cleanse and process (Extract, Transform, Load – ETL) large raw data sets.
3. Demonstrated job experience researching and implementing novel machine learning algorithms for new business problems
4. Demonstrated job experience developing proof of concepts of new technologies and evaluate the state of the art in machine learning algorithms for text analytics
5. Demonstrated job experience in designing (in Python and/or Java) and developing web-based platforms and services to perform data analytics on large data sets
6. Demonstrated ability to design, develop, test and implement new applications based on project requirements
7. Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, or other relevant field and minimum of six years of experience (Masters degree equates to an additional 2 years of relevant work experience)
1. Demonstrated job experience working in Linux (Bash) shell scripting
2. Demonstrated job experience with machine learning tools such as TensorFlow
3. Demonstrated job experience with Solr or Elastic Search
4. Demonstrated job experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Pandas, D3.js, ggplot, etc)
5. Demonstrated job experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, HBase, and Cassandra
6. Demonstrated job experience with performing advanced analytics against big data
7. Demonstrated job experience with development and deployment of applications in the Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) environment or an Amazon Web Services cloud environment
8. Demonstrated job experience using tools such as spaCy, Apache OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP, NLTK, LingoClustering, or Gensim Natural Language Processing
9. Demonstrated job experience with Natural Language Processing
10. Demonstrated job experience in Agile software development teams using scrum techniques
11. Demonstrated job experience using Jira, Confluence, and GitHub for documenting work
12. Demonstrated job experience working in a project team (3-5 developers) with experience in decomposing concepts to discrete development tasks and managing your work to a deadline
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -RT390-02