Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
The Systems Engineer – Splunk role provides expertise to an Enterprise Monitoring team tasked with devising and implementing a coherent strategy for infrastructure monitoring and alerting across a multi-network environment (including on-premise and cloud environments). The ultimate objective of the team is proactive, automatically deployed monitoring that sends alerts when potential issues first appear, allowing the appropriate teams to resolve those issues before mission users are affected. This role supports software systems development in an Agile environment, including documenting system needs, system interfaces, and data sources; and supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines Agile features into actionable user stories to be delivered by the systems engineer and the rest of the team. The desired candidate demonstrates a combination of abilities, including system design and analysis as well as communication and business skills. They implement new systems, correct software and configuration issues in existing systems, and improve performance through software upgrades. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, solution development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary Range: Up to $215,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
Utilize experience with Splunk including installation and configuration to improve implementation and address evolving system needs.
Developing and implementing solutions to integrate mission application generated data (collected in S3 buckets or stored on a traditional file system) into Splunk indexes
Developing and implementing solutions to integrate data provided from AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail into Splunk indexes
Integrating data from other COTS monitoring tools into Splunk
Analyzing data in Splunk indexes to determine relevant queries to populate specialized reporting dashboards
Assist software development and mission teams to determine how to find relevant data in Splunk
Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
Leverage AWS (creating CloudFormation scripts, automate processing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, etc) in the development and hosting of system monitoring solutions
Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
Support training Help Desk, Tier 2, and application development teams in the usage of system monitoring solutions.
Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
Rotate between O&M to Dev Ops roles as required for Agile processes
Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
List the must have MINIMUM requirements to be considered for the position and ensure minimum quals fall within the minimum job code requirements. Example: Bachelors Degree with 6 years of applicable experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree. Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Must have 2+ years JAVA experience.
In-depth experience with configuring and monitoring Splunk
Significant experience with getting data from multiple applications indexed into Splunk
Extensive experience with system monitoring COTS products
Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
System design and development
Integration of systems
Typically requires Bachelors Degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters Degree with 10-12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
Candidate must be US Citizen.
List additional skills and experience that is nice to have but not required.
Experience working on customer systems
Understanding of customer system development policies
Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -RSOL-84