Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
Seeking fully cleared, dynamic technical professionals to join our Luke program in the Bethesda, MD area. Luke is an Enterprise IT Program that supports and enables the DNI to lead resource, performance, and financial management decision making across the IC. As a Member of an agile team you will work with the government customer to help shape a new phase of applications into the cloud environment. You will work closely with multiple contractor teams and the customer to transform approved requirements into features during each sprint. You will help to develop the new suite of applications one sprint at a time. Business and Information Technology Solutions (BITS) Sector is seeking a Data Engineer to be a part of a larger team of software developers and support real mission initiatives. As a Database Administrator/ Engineer, you will deliver services within a cloud environment, while working within an Agile project team. You will also be responsible for participating in collaborative discussions, and helping to establish DB administration norms and practices to ensure consistency across the multiple development and integration efforts.
As a Database Administrator/ Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
Providing technical expertise and support in the use of PostgreSQL DBMS
Creating and maintaining database objects such as tables, views, index, constraints for data platform and custom applications
Developing, implementing, and maintaining database backup and recovery procedures for the processing environments, and ensures that data integrity, security, and recoverability are built into the DBMS applications.
Creating views to drive front-end data analytics and reporting.
Driving end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using native and 3rd party tools
Implementing automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production, pre-production and non-production environments
Administering PostgreSQL databases throughout the non-production (Sandbox, development, test, UAT, Training), pre-production (Staging) and production lifecycles in an AWS environment
Enhancing and maintaining logical and physical database designs from application requirements
Designing and implementing automation using SQL scripts and database functions
Responding to user reported errors in a timely manner
Monitoring systems performance and identifying problems that may arise
Liaison with developers and IT project managers
Recommending changes and enhancements for database performance and protection
Maintaining an awareness of trends and developments in database development and administration
Leveraging experience to provide support in the areas of data mapping, data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL)
Position Level: Level 4 – Full Performance
Salary Range: Up to $130,000.00 per year
B4Corp Estimated Salary Ranges:
Position Level Min Salary Max Salary
Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert $160,000 $215,000
Level 2 – Expert $140,000 $195,000
Level 3 – Senior $110,000 $170,000
Level 4 – Full Performance $60,000 $100,000
Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly (US Citizenship required)
Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field of study
6+ years of experience in administering on-prem/cloud based multiuser environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing complex database systems
Experience with AWS RDS or Aurora for PostgreSQL
Experience with optimizing database performance through exhaustive proactive testing and ongoing real-time monitoring
Experience with SQL scripting and database functions
Experience testing database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to established best practices
Monitored and maintained the backups for database recoverability for all production databases
Experience working in the database domain managing all operations of RDBMS databases such as Oracle/SQL Server/DB2 or PostgreSQL DB.
Familiar with open-source DBMS tools such as pgAdmin, pgModeler, or DBeaver.
Experience with data modeling and Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
Possess analytic problem-solving skills.
Knowledge of computer software applications, including database technologies and programming languages
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience implementing and deploying databases in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Experience with AGILE / DEVOPS a plus
Working knowledge of COTS tools supporting data governance.
Experience with Financial Management Systems.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly-skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in the outstanding compensation and benefits B4Corp provides. Our salaries are second to none. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. Our health insurance demonstrates this with 100% employer coverage and providing employees with a plan that has $0 copay, 0% coinsurance and an HSA that can allow employees to accrue health savings for the future. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their benefit dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
Insurance 100% Employer-Paid Premiums:
- United Health Care Choice Plus HSA POS Gold 1500 w/HSA
– Employer funded HSA to cover 100% health care deductible
– Health insurance: $0 copay, $0 co-insurance. Full scope protection for you and your family!
– 100% employer premium coverage for single and family
- Health Equity HSA – B4Corp contributes $1500.00 for single and $3000.00 for family into your Health Equity HSA to cover 100% of your health care deductible.
- Mutual of Omaha Dental VSP Vision Insurance Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Ability to purchase 2 additional weeks of vacation
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud — from trusted vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, and Google.
– Train anytime, anywhere, and on a variety of devices – even offline!
– Transcender® Practice Exams
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -L1